CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Newletter for January 26-29, 2015

Our star student this week will be Easton H.  Please provide snack for 4 days for 9 kids.  He may bring show and tell if he wishes.

This week we will be reviewing the letters Kk, Xx, and Hh. 

We will also be reviewing numbers 0-13. 

Memory verse: Show proper respect to everyone.  1 Peter 6:18

This week in chapel we will be talking about Courtesy.

Since it is a review week I we are going to begin working on when it is appropriate to talk or not, how to raise our hands for answer a question, and how to take care of themselves and be less worried about tattling on others. These are all things that I really dislike covering, but very necessary for success in kindergarten.

I have had some issues with children not getting their class work done in time for recess. I was having them work on it instead of recess.  However, the more I think about it the more I realize that they really need recess.  Therefore, if they are not able to get their arrival done in the 20 minutes or their center work done in the 30-45 minutes allotted then they will be losing their stickers and I will be sending it home for homework. Some of the reasons that papers are not getting done are because we are talking instead of working (which I said we will be working on this week), playing with materials instead of using them correctly, daydreaming,  worrying about what other children are doing, or they are flying through it to get done them I make them redo if I know they are definitely more capable.

Again, I do not want to be mean but I would rather give them this taste of it now since I know them pretty well as opposed to it beginning at the start of kindergarten and the kids think that their teacher does not like them.

If you have not turned in you enrollment for next year please send it in first thing Monday morning.  We open registration to the public on Monday.  We want to assure that you have a spot but can not do so after Monday.

The kids are so excited that they are being dropped off like "big kids".  They are doing an amazing job of walking up to our room, putting their things away and getting started with their day!  I am beyond proud of how well they are doing!  I love seeing their faces as they come up the steps with big smiles on their faces.

Since I do not see each of you everyday now if there is ever a concern or question please email, facebook, call me, or put a note in their binders.  I do not want to lose communication between school and home.  It is very important for the success of these kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment